Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Big freaking news!

What is that you ask? An ultrasound? Yep. A baby? Not exactly. Look close. It's three babies. That's right... TRIPLETS!

I went to the doc today and he wanted to pinpoint the due date so we did an ultrasound. I was not concerned about multiples. First we saw the twins and I was shocked. It was a little while before we found the third. I could not believe when he said there are three.

We are doing another ultrasound to make sure there aren't more than three and also to check on the third. He is a little concerned about the size. So we should know more in a week. I will be seen weekly until we know if I am going to carry all three. Prayers for that would be great.

As for what we are gonna do with seven kids and Ben in Iraq, I have no idea. We are just playing it day by day. We need a bigger van, a triple stroller, more carseats, etc. It is going to be interesting for sure.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

AAAAAAAAAH!!!!! Oh my gosh, you have GOT to be kidding me!!! I thought the possibility of twins was a joke! Wow, Rach! Um, Congratulations, Congratulations, and Congratulations!!! Seriously, you must be such a special person and God loves you TREMENDOUSLY. You are AMAZING and I love you!!! WOW!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and Ben. I just saw it on Carol's facebook page. I know that you will do just fine. It probably is overwhelming just now but remember God never gives you more than you can handle. Obviously, He thinks a great deal of you. We will keep you and Ben in our thoughts and prayers. I'm sure that Carol and your mother and your extended family and friends will be of great help and support and everything will work out for you. Update when you can, get some rest (I know pretty impossible) and know that friends and family are praying for you. Gerri J