Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Our accomplishing day

Our day began with homeschool as usual. We were able to get a good amount done. When I was helping Israel with his math, he was getting frustrated. He gets frustrated extremely easy. Today was no exception. He wasn't understanding so I decided to have him take a break and go play. He played for a while then came up to me and answered the problems in his head. He suddenly understood. That wouldn't have happened had he been in school and was forced to do it on their time instead of his own. He still loves math but I have no doubt he would not if he were in school.

Then I put dinner in the crockpot and set my homemade bread out to rise. I got a HUGE amount of cleaning done, then taught the kids how to make homemade butter, which we had with the homemade bread and some jam I had made and canned earlier this month. Oh it tasted so great! Followed up dinner and bread with homemade fudge. Mmmm. Finally, Ben came home after his finals today just in time for Luci to take her first three steps! She is finally starting to walk! She went right up to him and took his hands and had him walk her to me. Then she turned around and walked to him by herself! We were so excited.

To so many, this may seem like a dull day. Most don't understand the joy of being "just a housewife" but they are missing out. I have tried different things in my life and nothing has given me greater joy than being "just a housewife". We are truly a happy family in every sense of the word.

No comments: