Friday, December 19, 2008

It makes you feel violated again and again.

How is this for a wake up call, "Honey, did you have anything valuable in the van?" "Just the GPS and some Christmas presents, why?" "Somebody went through the van and the car again." "How can you tell?" "The glove conpartment and the center console were open in both and things had been thrown around. I found my missing sunglasses." "You're kidding me!"

Apparently in their haste, they did not look up and see the GPS, but still, this is like the fifth or sixth time since we have lived here the past few months. The problem is that the greedy owner of the subdivision refuses to finish what he needs to to have the subdivision turned over to the sherriff's department cause that would cause him to spend his precisious money, so there isn't much they can do to protect us. We have had things not only stolen in the night (including my wallet at one point) but some neighbors have had people go through their house during the day and one had someone try to steal their trailor when they were home. Luckily they came out to see what was going on and it scared the guys off. We have been having so much crime. One of the times they caught the guys. Turned out to be a gang and ended in a shoot-out a couple of blocks from here.

My question is, how do I protect my family? Ben is gone so much thanks to the Army and these guys hit both day and night. When we had a dog, that didn't help. I am worried about something happening like what happened at a neighbor of my moms a few days ago (in Idaho!). A guy tried to sell her books, she said no, he pulled out a gun and forced his way in, tied her up, gathered what he wanted to steal, a honking horn scared him, he ran off and she was left there tied up until her kids came home. What would have happened to us if he had done that and discovered I had kids here?

And to make matters worse, we can't call the police from here cause it is long distance! Our cell phones don't get coverage from here and if you call 911, they tell you to call the sherriff who is long distance! Who does that?! Seriously. Anyway, so I feel very violated and dead set on finding a way to protect my family. We have no money to do much, but I will figure something out. Don't you dare mess with my family!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is so horrid i am not sure if you read my "violated" issue on my blog,
but its not a nice thing to feel, life is getting worse and it probably happens so much in your area because they know nothing can be done!
sorry to hear it happened