Sunday, March 15, 2009

Immunity anyone?



We seem to always be sick. Eden and I especially. I don't know what it is. We wash our hands constantly, eat healthy, the kids are homeschooled so they don't get bugs from there. Last Monday, I came down with some stomach bug. The pain was bad enough that Ben got off work (which is really tough in the military) to take me to the Urgent Care. I told him I didn't need to go cause they wouldn't do anything for me, but he was concerned so we went. Ofcourse, they said it was probably a bug and I just needed rest. Lol, right.




Fast forward to Friday. I started feeling a weird tickling sensation in my stomach. Then Eden started coughing. By the end of the day, Eden and Celestial had temps of 105, Israel's was 104, and mine (I NEVER have fevers!!!) was 103.5. Luci so far only has diahrea and Ben (as usual) has no symptoms. Where does he get his wonderful immunities?




Our bodies ache soooooo much and our throats hurt and I have been throwing up. Sometimes we feel like we can't even breath. I figure it must be influenza. Oh fun. And while all this is going on, Ben is in the field for three weeks so I am a single mom of sorts.




Thanks to being sick all the time, I have had to cancel the kids portrait sessions three times now. We miss church about half the time and Eden has been missing Girl Scouts. The housework is behind and so is the school work. Just think, if the kids were in public school, they would be held back a grade for too many absenses even though they are doing work way above their grade levels. Thank heavens for homeschooling.




And for those of you who don't know, we have two new additions to the family. Jezabel and Delilah.




They are both very calm and very attached to me. They won't go anywhere without me. They won't even go outside without me so when my neighbor came over to take them out for me since I am so sick, they refused.
Jezabel is the alpha female. They are sisters. They are full blooded american bulldogs. They are very obedient and the kids really love them. They are protective of the kids and when I let them out in the yard, they stay in the yard until I tell them they can leave.
Anyway, so that is what is going on with the Frahs clan now. If any of you have some immunity to share, we are in desperate need.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ZINC! works everytime. It will cut any cold almost in half. Also, over washing of hands and using hand sanitizers can breakdown the amount of good bacteria on the skin, thus making it much harder to kick any cold. You need bacteria to fight bacteria. So as long as the kids arent eating, just used the restroom, handling raw mwat or just plain grubby.... let 'em be a little dirty. They'll be healthier for it!